Based on the high-quality products of the four strong companies, BetterHome will kick-start energy renovation of houses throughout the country – and in the future outside Denmark – in close cooperation with the Danish Government’s growth initiatives, skilled craftsmen, energy companies, and investors.
There’s a political demand for energy savings and higher quality in the Danish homes. At the same time, this should create a higher level of activity in the building industry. The political ambitions of a much-needed boost of the house stock combined with growth call for will, focus, and immediate action.
- With BetterHome four of Denmark’s most competent manufacturers of energy saving quality solutions will join their forces and offer the house owners new solutions. We believe that it’s time for action and concrete solutions which are simple to achieve for the individual house owner. It has to be easier to fulfil your wish of a better home, says Kim Christensen, president at Danfoss Heating Solutions.
Billions of Danish kroner can be saved with a higher level of health and lower energy consumption in the houses. This is exactly the potential that BetterHome has been created to develop. Today buildings present 40 percent of the energy consumption in Denmark, and 30 percent of the existing building stock have such a poor quality of indoor climate that it might carry some risk to health. This is the reason why we focus on energy renovation of the houses.
- Energy renovation increases the value of the house. This is a good reason for thinking innovatively in cooperating with those who finance the home dreams of the Danes. We want to make our houses more energy efficient and healthier to live in, says Michael K. Rasmussen, marketing director, VELUX Gruppen.
- We want to provide a portfolio of tested, complete solutions for everybody – not just for house owners but also for the energy advisors and master builders who have to carry out the task all the way from idea to success. We will use our own distribution channels and bring into play the knowledge of our four companies, states Thomas Kähler, managing director, Rockwoll A/S. BetterHome will be the framework for a business concept which will also be requested outside Denmark. In the long term, it could pave the way for a rise in exports.
- BetterHome will help stimulate the energy renovation market in Denmark. We will export know-how and Danish quality solutions for energy renovation of homes. Together we have, indeed, powerful sales channels to bring in play, and we intend to make Danish dwellings a showcase. We need to put on full steam, says Søren Ø. Sørensen, CEO, Grundfos.
Facts about BetterHome:
- Grundfos, Danfoss, VELUX Gruppen, and Rockwool have established BetterHome to develop a new and easier concept for energy renovation ofdwellings. Niels Kåre Bruun is the director.
- BetterHome is based on the know-how of the four companies and introduces a powerful concept appealing to primarily the Danish house owners.
- In the first phase, focus is on fostering the necessary collaborations between existing advisors, craftsmen, financial institutions, and energy companies.
- BetterHome will be placed at the Danish Energy Association to create synergy between the know-how built up through the energy companies’ great effort of saving energy in dwellings as well as businesses.
Facts about the Danish housing stock:
- Buildings present 40 percent of the energy consumption in Denmark.
- In addition, 30 percent of the building stock has a poor quality indoor climate.